F, b. 23 June 1757, d. 27 August 1798
Joanna Miller was born on 23 June 1757.1 She was the daughter of Captain Timothy Miller and Experience Davis. She died on 27 August 1798 at age 41.1
Joanna Miller was the daughter of Andrew Miller Jr.
M, d. circa 1699
- [S118] Jeannette Edwards Rattray, East Hampton History, 449.
John Miller was the son of George Miller.
M, b. 24 March 1764, d. 1 May 1845
Joseph Miller was born on 24 March 1764.1 He was the son of Captain Timothy Miller and Experience Davis. He died on 1 May 1845 at age 81.1
Child of Joseph Miller
Josiah Miller was the son of Andrew Miller Jr.
F, b. 5 May 1760, d. 30 April 1831
Keturah Miller was born on 5 May 1760.1 She was the daughter of Captain Timothy Miller and Experience Davis. She died on 30 April 1831 at age 70.1
- [S205] Charles B. Moore, Southold Index of 1698, p 102.
M, b. 20 December 1754, d. 9 October 1798
Nathaniel Miller was born on 20 December 1754.1 He was the son of Captain Timothy Miller and Experience Davis. He died on 9 October 1798 at age 43.1 He and his wife died the same week of yellow fever, leaving four children.
F, b. 23 March 1808, d. 23 May 1870
Sophia Miller was born on 23 March 1808.1 She was the daughter of Zophar Mills Miller and Betsey Davis. She died on 23 May 1870 at age 62.1
- [S119] Mary Gould Woodhull, Woodhull Genealogy, 143.
M, b. circa 1810, d. 22 December 1868
Sylvester Miller was postmaster in Wading River, Suffolk county, New York.1 He was born circa 1810 in New York.2 He was the son of Zophar Mills Miller and Betsey Davis. He married Emily Tuthill in February 1832 in Wading River.3,4 He and Emily Miller appeared on the 1860 Federal Census of Riverhead, Suffolk county, New York, enumerated 2 June 1860. Their children Elihu were listed as living with them.5 He died on 22 December 1868.6 Cause of death was a broken back due to a fall through a trap door in his granary. He was buried in Wading River Cemetery, Wading River, Suffolk county, New York.6
- [S814] Islip Bulletin, 21 Sep 1967, page 13.
- [S529] 1850 Federal census, New York, Suffolk county, Riverhead.
- [S172] Emily M. Bruen, The Miller Homestead.
- [S1147] Long-Island Star, 15 Feb 1832, 3.
- [S530] 1860 Federal census, New York, Suffolk county, Riverhead.
- [S621] Find A Grave online www.findagrave.com,.
M, b. 31 August 1762
Timothy Miller was born on 31 August 1762.1 He was the son of Captain Timothy Miller and Experience Davis.
Captain Timothy Miller
M, b. circa 1723, d. 26 January 1790
Captain Timothy Miller was born circa 1723 in Millers Place, Suffolk county, New York.1 He was the son of William Miller and Deliverance Mills. He was named captain of militia. He married Experience Davis, daughter of Joseph Davis and Elizabeth Parshall. He died on 26 January 1790 in Millers Place.1
Children of Captain Timothy Miller and Experience Davis
- Deliverance Miller b. 14 Oct 1747, d. 9 Nov 1818
- Infant Miller b. 23 Apr 1750, d. May 1750
- Infant Miller b. 23 May 1751, d. Aug 1751
- Experience Miller b. 12 Oct 1752, d. 6 Jun 1772
- Nathaniel Miller b. 20 Dec 1754, d. 9 Oct 1798
- Joanna Miller b. 23 Jun 1757, d. 27 Aug 1798
- Keturah Miller b. 5 May 1760, d. 30 Apr 1831
- Timothy Miller b. 31 Aug 1762
- Joseph Miller+ b. 24 Mar 1764, d. 1 May 1845
- Zophar Mills Miller+ b. 20 Oct 1767, d. 16 Aug 1844
- Betsy Parshall Miller b. 5 Feb 1771, d. 29 Jan 1845
Urania Miller was the daughter of Zophar Mills Miller and Betsey Davis. Urania Miller was also known as Wrania Miller.1
- [S119] Mary Gould Woodhull, Woodhull Genealogy.
Children of William Miller and Deliverance Mills
William Miller was the son of William Miller and Deliverance Mills. He drowned while crossing from Elizabethtown to Staten Island in company with his cousin John Miller.1
William George Miller1
M, b. 17 August 1881, d. 24 December 1951
William George Miller was born on 17 August 1881 in Croydon, Surrey, England.1,2 He married Gertrude Eliza Milward, daughter of John Blockley Milward and Eliza Solomon, on 20 April 1908 in Register Office, Croydon, Surrey, England.1 In 1939 William George Miller lived in 6 Waddon Road, Croyden, Surrey.2 He died on 24 December 1951 in Croydon at age 70.1
Zophar Mills Miller
M, b. 20 October 1767, d. 16 August 1844
Zophar Mills Miller was born on 20 October 1767 in Millers Place, Suffolk county, New York; I have used here the date of birth which appears in most published records; the family record DOB of 1757 seems unlikely.1 He was the son of Captain Timothy Miller and Experience Davis. He most likely acquired his unusual name because his eldest sister, Deliverance, married Zophar Mills the same week that he was born. He married Betsey Davis, daughter of Jonas Davis and Tabitha Norton, circa 1798. Zophar Mills Miller lived in the Miller Homestead, Wading River, Suffolk county, New York. He deeded property in Brookhaven to William Saxton in 1811.2 He was appointed postmaster of Wading River February 26, 1825.3 "Sunday School began in the home of Zophar M. Miller, deacon and church clerk, whose earliest minutes are from 1826."4 He died on 16 August 1844 in Wading River, Suffolk county, New York, at age 76 His tombstone in the Wading River cemetery says he died 15Jul1844, in the 77th year of his life.5
Children of Zophar Mills Miller and Betsey Davis
- [S120] Henry P. Hedges, A History of the Town of East-Hampton, 310.
- [S698] New York State Military Museum, online http://dmna.state.ny.us/historic/mil-hist.htm, holdings of the Port Jefferson Historical Society.
- [S518] Long Island History, online.
- [S248] History, Wading River Church, online http://www.i2.i-2000.com/~wrcc/hist.html
- [S251] Marian F. Stevens, Long Islander Index.
Children of Deliverance Mills and William Miller
M, b. 25 December 1740, d. 10 February 1819
Zophar Mills was born on 25 December 1740.1 He married Deliverance Miller, daughter of Captain Timothy Miller and Experience Davis, on 4 March 1767.2 He died on 10 February 1819 at age 78.1 He was buried in Wading River Cemetery, Wading River, Suffolk county, New York.1
M, b. 17 October 1753, d. 3 November 1823
Aaron Milward was also known as Aaron Blackton. Aaron Milward was also known as Aaron Blagdon. He was born on 17 October 1753 in Sheen, Staffordshire, England.1 He was the son of Aaron Milward and Margaret Blackden. He married Dorothy Brundley on 29 October 1780 in Alstonfield, Staffordshire, England. He died on 3 November 1823 at age 70; recorded as "Aaron Milward of Taddington."1,2 He was buried on 6 November 1823 in Edensor, Derbyshire, England.1
Children of Aaron Milward and Dorothy Brundley
M, b. 1727, d. December 1781
Aaron Milward was born in 1727 in Fernyford, Staffordshire, England. He was baptized on 26 November 1727 in St. Bartholomew's Church, Longnor, Staffordshire.1 He died in December 1781 in Mixon copper mine, Onecote, Staffordshire, England. He was buried on 21 December 1781 in St. Bartholomew, Butterton, Staffordshire.2 Cause of death was falling into mine shaft.
Ada L. E. Milward1
Ada L. E. Milward is the daughter of Joseph Edgar Milward and Ada Beatrice Shannon.1 She married Herbert J. Hales in 1937 in Dartford, Kent, England.1
- [S595] Clive Milward, "Descendants of Joseph E. Milward", Annotated with sources.